Sunday, June 18, 2017

THE WINDOW VIEW - AN ENCHANTING STORY

The old guys on the window do not suit the story though! Health Officer with the author

I guess sometimes certain things touch our hearts, either softly or with passion. One day I was peeping through my office window to steal a glance at the Yadi suburb when a certain scene caught me by my heart. An enchanting view I should say. Had Shakespeare been in my shoe, he could have scoured all the corners of the English dictionary to describe that scene in ways that would have instantly touched the hearts of humanity and made his eloquence a masterpiece. If the heart of a layman of my caliber could melt, then Shakespeare’s heart would certainly melt as he was a romantic poet, a playwright, a pre-eminent dramatist, and the greatest English writer of all time. The view that I am alluding to is the view of a simple rural damsel. The look I had when I saw this damsel could be compared to that of Romeo’s lovelorn look for Juliet in Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet. The splendid hair of the damsel swaying in the mild breeze and the beautifully curved body charmed me to no end. When she moved around gracefully, it mesmerized me even more so. So, I stood at the window gazing at this masterpiece of god.
The beauty of the damsel evoked immeasurable passion in me. I wished that she said to me, “Hey, take it easy I am with you.” Had Juliet been there with me stealthily robbing the beauty of that simple damsel (whom I choose not to name), she would have envied the pose of that ravishingly simple damsel. Oh! What a view! Just then a quivering shock ran through my spine reminding me not to steal the show from a hidden closet. I felt guilty to do that but somehow could not help looking at this most beautiful creature who did not have even a tinge of the notion that she was the focal point of a silent admirer.
H. G. Wells, an essayist, and a poet had also been a victim like me. In his, Through a Window, he thanks the god ‘many times a day’ for the window offers him many a beautiful views. The poet like me had been completely melted by the similar mesmerizing view he had through so many windows. Like him, I have my own version of, The Window View that I wish to share with the readers. I was spellbound, hypnotized, and flattered by the beautiful scenery in the form of a lovely, and unquestionably magnificent damsel that looked like a new enchanting edifice in the background. So, I am short of words to express the scene. Awesome, amazing, and alluring things more than often fall short of words to explain. They numb the writers’ brains. Wonderstruck, I am wordless. I am sure even the world’s best artists despite their best efforts would fail to generate such a scene, a touching one. Not so beautiful, yet very lovely and touchy; not so tall yet, much taller; not so simple yet, much beguiling; not so dashing yet, much ravishing. That cream-faced Juliet I saw from the window touched the core of my heart momentarily making me forget the rest of the world and pushing me into the world of phantasmal. Even that newly built door and facade in the background added to her looks. She appeared so beautiful and thrilling, that I momentarily lost my senses. Every glimpse of her espied me and I found them ticklish, enthralling, and stylishly piercing into the temple of my heart.
That unknown damsel evoking so much uncontrollable emotion in me is quite a surprise. But my sixth sense told me to be reasonable. It reminded me of my two beautiful daughters and their mother. Eventually, that brought me back to my senses, but that was again helplessly very ephemeral. Moments later I would again be preoccupied with the scene’s continuous replay in my mind like that of the repeated television commercials we are familiar with.
With enormous mental strength, I pulled all my senses together to forget that view, but to no avail. The reappearance of that beautiful scene from the window time and again encouraged me to launch an attack on the beguilingly beautiful damsel with an ink gun. For that, I needed such a machine that could shoot her heart with a single shot, as failing to do so would mean facing societal blames and shame. Getting ready to shoot her down took me some time thus creating room for other Romeos to enjoy and plan their shots at this ravishingly beautiful damsel. I thought, with a good job and beautiful physique, her prospect of receiving proposals for courtship and marriage was good. I was told that at least two competitors were trying to woo her. I was then the third candidate. Being married, I knew that I would be at the losing end of the battle, but decided not to give up.
Finally, I released a bullet with lots of passion-laden powder in it. I thought I hit her temple as she collapsed and started to converse with me. I felt younger when she walked and talked to me. The fact that she chose me over other bachelors initially threw me off my feet.
Further, not being so handsome and with a spouse and kids in tow, I wondered what in me did she see to come my way. I guessed perhaps she liked my traveling job and my blue car. But my enemies had something in store for me. I learned that they had exposed my identity by informing the girl that I had a wife and children. I actually thought she was aware of that fact. Oh, that spoiled everything. However, the most painful part of the story was that she accepted me on the assumption that I was a bachelor. She insisted that I should not ask her for marriage as I had children at home. That in effect meant the end of our courtship. She hated me for betraying her. I explained our promiscuous society's rules and tried to win her confidence to stay with me.
Being educated she had the sense of deciding not to meet me again. Deep inside I thanked her for rejecting me as my inner voice later told me that loving her would mean leaving my kids behind. And if that happened I don’t know where I could have been by now. Thus we parted ways. Now she has a husband and a child, but we do greet each other whenever we cross paths. In the end, I would say that the views from the windows could change your destiny.
BUT I KEPT HER A NAME CCG (Cutie Cutie Girl) that goes with me all along.

Disclaimer
This is my personal thought and anything written here is not intended to harm or promote people or things mentioned here. No one is authorized to use the content of this blog for either personal or private purposes. People mentioned here are fictitious characters and any resemblance to anyone with some characters or more is purely coincidence.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wangyal's Torrent Frog, Amolops wangyali - Species New to Science

[Herpetology 2022] A Review of Torrent frogs ( Amolops : Ranidae) from Bhutan, the Description of a New Species, and Reassessment of the Tax...